The difference between Counselors and Advisors is that Advisors are referred to you when you have a specific area of study to coach you through the process of earning that certain degree or certificate in that areas. On the other hand counselors are generally working with students that are undecided and need to have help guiding which direction will be best and the possibility of chosing what path will take them down the road best suited for them.
- Academic advisors are faculty members who strive to provide you with the most up-to-date information pertaining to your certificate or degree.
- Academic advisors can assist with academic planning, transfer advising, degree requirements, and academic problem solving.
- Academic advisors are available to discuss current and future career opportunities, requirements for your major, and other resources available to assist you.
To find and contact an advisor view our current Advisor list
- Counselors at LBCC advise only Undecided and General Study students.
- Counselors are trained professionals who assist with academic, personal, and career counseling.
- Counselors can provide short-term personal counseling and referrals to community resources.
- Counselors can assist new students with test College Placement Test (CPT) interpretation.
For more information visit the Career/Counseling webpage